04 February, 2009

VITAL MAYPORT FERRY DOWN FOR THE COUNT?

I'm Your Captain
Everybody, listen to me,
And return me, my ship.
Im your captain, Im your captain,
Although Im feeling mighty sick.
Ive been lost now, days uncounted,
And its months since Ive seen home.
Can you hear me, can you hear me,
Or am I all alone.
If you return me, to my home port,
I will kiss you mother earth.
Take me back now, take me back now,
To the port of my birth.
Am I in my cabin dreaming,
or are you really scheming,
To take my ship away from me?
Youd better think about it,
I just cant live without it.
So, please dont take my ship from me.
(Grand Funk Railroad)
Starting tomorrow, Thursday, February 5th, and for 19 long days The JEAN RIBAULT, St. Johns River Ferry at Mayport will be closed for routine dry-dock maintenance. The ferry should resume service on Tuesday February 24th at 6 a.m.



JAXPORT regrets any inconvenience posed by this planned outage. Next month's required maintenance on the Jean Ribault will help ensure safe and efficient ferry service in the future.



Drivers will need to use Heckscher Dr., Broward Bridge/SR 9-A Eastern Beltway, or I-95 as alternate routes.



For more information call JAXPORT at 904-357-3006 or Hornblower Marine Services at 904-241-9969.




Let's hope this isn't a sign of things to come, through a test of service demand. "Let' Em Have It Mates!" Call JAXPORT TODAY and tell em we love um, and will float Em in rum when they give us back our ship.











No comments:

Post a Comment


TAKE A FREE TOUR OF THE JACKSONVILLE SKYWAY

The arguments rage to this date, "Should have never been built," "waste of taxpayer money," "Doesn't go anywhere," "Nobody rides it..." etc. Bottom line is we have it, and it is finally showing signs of life. Simple extensions to the Stadium, San Marco, and the area of Blue Cross in North Riverside would turn this little train around. Addition of Park and Ride garages and multimodal transit terminals at the end points would bring on the crowds. The video must have been shot on a Sunday Morning, as downtown is certainly as packed with life as any other major City on weekdays. Jacksonville is a city of Bikes, joggers, walkers, buses and cars, one almost wonders how the photographer managed to find this quiet moment.


Support the Skyway? Join the Monorail Society Today!

Subscribe to monorailsociety
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

WELCOME ABOARD

Sign by Danasoft - For Backgrounds and Layouts